Nintendo Co. Ltd.
The Pokémon Company
Thank you for playing the Pokémon series.
Below are some details regarding the version 1.2.0 update planned for release in late February 2023 for the Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet games.
With this update, we are planning to add features to Pokémon Boxes and fix bugs that affect game progress, among other updates. We will continue to take your feedback very seriously and take measures to improve your gameplay experience.
Version 1.2.0 (Scheduled for end of February 2023)
・Additional functionality will be added for Pokémon Boxes:
- From a Pokémon’s summary, players will be able to change Pokémon’s nicknames, markings, held items,
and mark- or Ribbon-related titles, as well as being able to reorder moves, have Pokémon remember moves,
have Pokémon forget moves, and use TMs.
- Players will be able to swap out held items by pressing the Y Button when in the Held Items view.
- Players will be able to select All Boxes while moving Pokémon or items in the Party and Boxes view and Held Items view.
・When in the Battle Team view, Pokémon in your Boxes that are assigned to a Battle Team will now have their icons displayed
in a darker hue if those Pokémon are members of the Battle Team that is currently being displayed.
Tera Raid Battles
- A bug that can prevent an opposing Tera Pokémon’s HP gauge from properly reflecting damage done by certain moves
(such as Play Rough) or certain status conditions may occur in Tera Raid Battles, resulting in the Tera Pokémon’s HP gauge
fluctuating in an unusual manner. This will be fixed.
- A bug that causes all Pokémon on your side to faint at once despite their HP gauges indicating that they still have HP may occur in
black crystal Tera Raid Battles against Pokémon with the Mightiest Mark. This will be fixed.
- A bug that can temporarily prevent a player from entering any input into the game may occur if a Tera Pokémon takes certain
actions while the player is choosing the target of their move. This will be fixed.
- Errors may occur when someone connecting to a Tera Raid Battle sees a different Pokémon displayed on their screen
than what the host sees. This will be fixed.
- A bug may occur that causes players joining a Tera Raid Battle from the Tera Raid Battles search screen to be brought to
a Tera Raid Battle against a Pokémon different from the one they saw displayed. This will be fixed.
- A bug that causes Tera Raid Battle crystals to not appear for a set amount of time may occur under certain circumstances.
This will be fixed.
- Type matchups against Pokémon that have fainted will no longer appear when selecting a move or target during Double Battles.
- A Zoroark that has Terastallized and is disguised as another Pokémon via its Illusion Ability can be identified as a Zoroark by
using the Check Target option. This is a bug and will be fixed.
- When a Zoroark has Terastallized and is disguised as another Pokémon via its Illusion Ability, the type matchups of moves
are displayed based on the type of the Pokémon that Zoroark is disguised as, rather than Zoroark’s Tera Type.
This is a bug and will be fixed.
- The stats of a Dondozo with a Tatsugiri in its mouth will increase when Dondozo uses Order Up, even when the move should have
been negated (for example, by an opponent using Protect). This is a bug and will be fixed.
- If a Pokémon Terastallizes after using Destiny Bond and then faints, the effects of Destiny Bond will fail to activate.
This is a bug and will be fixed.
- We will address an issue that can cause the game to forcibly close at certain locations. As a result of this fix,
there may be a reduction of Pokémon and people displayed in certain towns or in the wild.
- When a Pokémon that is not a part of the Paldea Pokédex is obtained through a Link Trade,
it is displayed as being registered to the Paldea Pokédex. This is a bug and will be fixed.
- Certain actions can cause the main character’s expressions to not change until the game is closed and reopened. This will be fixed .
- A bug occurred for some players after Ranked Battles Season 1, wherein visiting the Ranked Battles screen immediately
after the season’s results had been calculated caused an error right after these players received their rewards.
Following this error, players were unable to participate in any further Ranked Battles. This will be fixed.
- If a player has created several Battle Teams but does not use the Battle Team in the first slot for their Ranked Battles,
they may not receive the Master Rank Ribbon after winning Ranked Battles in the Master Ball Tier. This will be fixed .
- When a Pokémon you caught comes back to you from another player through Link Trade, it may not listen to your
commands in accordance with what is written in the profile app (“Pokémon caught at Lv. XX or below will listen to
your commands”). This will be fixed .
- A bug is preventing the Pokédex from displaying additional entries (such as entries for Shiny Pokémon or
Pokémon that were received through Surprise Trade from players that play in a different language) for Pokémon species
that were already registered in the Pokédex. This will be fixed.
- Objects such as Poké Balls may be displayed in certain locations of the field unintentionally. This will be fixed.
- Passersby will no longer be displayed during certain battles that take place in towns during the main story.
- Other select bug fixes will be implemented.
- In order to enjoy online play, you will need to have downloaded the latest update data.
- All players must be using the same update version of the software to play together via local communication.
Please make sure you have the same update version as the people you are playing with.
- We are planning further features and bug fixes not listed in these patch notes.
Please check the official Pokémon website for full details when the update data is distributed.
- Update contents and details are subject to change.